In this case you can start the FotoWare activation wizard manually. Open the Windows start menu / home screen an start typing Activate licenses. When the start menu shows the Activate licenses shortcut, click on it to start the activation wizard and fill in the product key as instructed.
An alternative way to start the activation wizard is to choose Start - Run and type fwappactwiz and press OK. That will also start the FotoWare Activation Wizard.
Open the Terminal application on the mac and type the following to start the Activation Wizard:
Replace <product key> with the product activation key for your FotoStation license and omit the brackets < >
- Go to the Control Panel and select "Services" - FLEXnet Licensing Service. If this service is not present then you need to run the FotoWare installer again. If the service is there and started, then proceed to the next point.
- Go to C:\ProgramData\FlexNet and delete the activation files "fotoware_006ef600_event" and "fotoware_006ef600_tsf.data" (or similar). Do NOT delete anything else. Other products that use the same activation scheme also store files here - these must NOT be deleted. (If you cannot see the _tsf.data file, check the Windows folder settings and make sure that hidden files are being shown.)
- Try to activate your product key again: Hit Start | Run "fwappactwiz" and enter your activation code. Then try to restart the FotoWare application.
- In the Finder, open the Go menu and choose Go to Folder
- Type in:
- Find two files that are named somewhat like this:
- Delete these files and try again to launch FotoStation and activate your product key.